Thursday, December 3, 2009

Just Purchases Elizabeth Arden Lipstick.... Does it contain Lead (Pb)?

A geography teacher once told our class that lipstick contains dangerous amounts of lead. I am aware of the email hoax about this causing cancer, and the the phony test (http://www.snopes.com/medical/toxins/lip鈥?/a>





...But does lipstick REALLY contain lead?





Thanks XDJust Purchases Elizabeth Arden Lipstick.... Does it contain Lead (Pb)?
Some of the old ones did...Elizabeth Arden would be one of the very last companies I would think..they are very careful (I have worked for that company before) They are extremely careful about what they use in their products..but their lipstick was one product I did not like--it strangley dried out my lips terribly..made them feel burned. They do use Castor Bean oil in their lipsticks and I like lanoline better...so I use Lancome lipsticks..it just feels better to my lips and stays on a little better...but then again..I like the old Revlon lipsticks in the drug store. The FDA is rigid about lead and other ingredients..even in paint. Back in the 20's they did have to regulate them getting the ';lead out'; of some cosmetics...maybe that is what your teacher is referring to...I would not use cosmetics made in China

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
car financing